If you’ve ever shared your product or service details with customers via WhatsApp Messenger, you’ll be familiar with how cumbersome it can be. You have to send photos of products one at a time and provide the same information over and over again. With WhatsApp Catalog, a feature available with a WhatsApp Business account, creating and sharing your digital storefront within the app is easy and effortless.
What information can you add?
Your catalog can include the product images, name, price, description and number. You can create a catalog of similar products (such as birthday cakes, cupcakes, chocolates and candy) or single products with multiple variants (polo shirts in different colors).
What are the benefits of WhatsApp Catalog?
Besides the convenience of sharing your products via the popular app, you can:
- Help customers inform their purchase decisions and buy what they like directly from the app.
- Save yours as well as customers’ time. Customers will appreciate quick access to your offerings.
- As your catalog is available 24x7, customers in a different time zone can continue engaging and transacting with your business. When your phone is switched off or you’re out of data, your product catalog is still available to your target audience.
Sell on WhatsApp
Use a Point of Sale App to create a web catalog that enables you to sell on WhatsApp and other social media networks.Get started.
How to create a WhatsApp Catalog
- Open the WhatsApp Business App and go to Settings.
- Tap on Business Settings and then on Catalog. This will take you to Catalog Manager.
- Tap on ‘Add Product or Service’.
- You’ll see a screen with product fields. Add product images, name, price, description, link and code.
- WhatsApp will review your product. This takes a minute or two, and is indicated by a green clock icon on the product.
- After approval, your product goes live. You can share your catalog with one individual or many potential or existing customers.
- Managing your catalog is quick and easy. Tap on the product you wish to edit and then tap on the edit icon. Hit the three-dot icon to delete an item.